-

4/25/13

Key Lime Cheesecake Trifle by Making Home Base

Hey Friends!  I have a special treat for you today!  My new friend Chelsea has come by and all I can say is YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE HER!  I've just recently discovered her but her warmth and love of family and life come across so clearly in her blog posts.  And she is sharing a low fat version of one of my most favorite desserts EVER!  But I will let her tell you all about it... 

 Meet Chelsea!!!

 photo BlogHeadshot1_zps9b7f7786.jpg

Hello Pondered Primed Perfected friends! I'm Chelsea from Making Home Base. My blog is where I share fun crafts, DIY projects, and the occasional recipe to satisfy my sweet tooth. Today I'm going to share one of my favorite spring time sweets that's low fat and delicious!

  key lime cheesecake trifle

 A couple years ago my husband and I visited Key West, Florida for a week. It was such a fun vacation! We snorkeled, ate, swam, ate, and kayaked, and ate some more. My husband got hooked on key lime pie. They have these incredible key lime pie slices on a stick and then dipped in chocolate. Can you imagine? Yeah. They are that good! I know I can't come close to making a replica of that delicious treat but I did come up with a key lime treat that incorporates two of my favorite desserts: cheesecake and trifles!

  key lime cheesecake trifle

 Let's get to the recipe shall we? This yummy dessert has three layers: "diet soda cake," sugar free cheesecake pudding, and fat free cool whip. Ingredients: Cake layer: Box of white cake mix 10 oz Diet 7 Up 2 egg whites 1 3 oz box of lime jello 1 cup boiling water 1/2 c cold water Pudding: 1 box of cheesecake jello pudding fat free milk Juice of half of one lime Cool Whip Free Lime for garnishment (optional) Directions: Make cake by mixing cake mix, Diet 7 Up, and egg whites. Bake according to directions on the box. After the cake has cooled poke all over with a fork. Mix jello mix and boiling hot water. Stir for two minutes or until jello mix is dissolved. Add cold water. Pour over cake and refrigerate for 3 hours. Prepare cheesecake jello pudding according to directions on the box. While whisking, add in the juice of half of a lime. Let set for 5 minutes in the refrigerator. To prepare the trifles, put a layer of cake on the bottom, then a layer of cheesecake pudding, then a layer of cool whip. Garnish with a slice of lime. Serve right away.

  key lime cheesecake trifle

You can make these mini trifles (because everything is cute miniature) or you can make one large trifle with several layers. I love this low fat guilt free treat! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! For more yummy treats and craft and DIY projects come by my blog. I'd also love to connect with you on Facebook, Pinterest, or Hometalk! Thanks so much for having me Sherry! It's been so fun!

Chelsea, thanks for coming by and sharing this irresistible looking dessert...and low fat even!  I can't wait to get home from Hawaii and try it!  Okay, I jest!  I don't want to come home from Hawaii but when I do get home I'm totally going to make these for the family.  :)

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you haven't already done so please hop on over to Chelsea's blog, Making Home Base.  You'll be glad you did!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks so much, Sherry! I hope you are enjoying Hawaii!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am fairly new to blogging. I wanted to show some support and follow yours. I would LOVE and APPRECIATE it if you would follow mine. www.msjrivers.blogspot.com God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete